Here is my tentative outline for the week. My students surprise me every day, so these plans are certainly subject to change. I will be updating as the week goes on.
Due: Vocabulary review book, Short answer vocabulary test
Assigned: Lab tomorrow: close-toe shoes, hair ties
- Short answer vocabulary test
- Prepare Preparing Raw Fruits and Vegetables lab plans
- Choose recipes for tortilla lab (in computer lab)
- Hand back vocabulary test, enrichment activity for students receiving less than 75%
- Enrichment activity: Students will write full sentence definitions for each word incorrectly identified. Due: Friday
- Prepare baked corn tortillas
- Preparing raw fruits and vegetables lab: Tortilla Toppings!
Early Out, 58 minute blocks
Assigned: Vegetable cooking lab reflection
- How does cooking time affect color, taste, and texture of vegetables?
- Cooking carrots, onions, and broccoli lab
Due: Vegetable cooking lab reflection
Assigned: Cooking fruits and vegetables/Pancake toppings lab plans, Lab tomorrow: Close-toe shoes, hair ties
- Pancake demonstration
- Prepare lab plans for tomorrow’s lab: Cooking Fruits and Vegetables