This activity is a great way for students to introduce themselves in Bakery classes- or any other foods-related FCS/Home Economics course.
Students create a “Recipe of Me.” It is a great way to review recipe terms while getting to know your students.
- Title: Recipe of Name (Example: Recipe of Kayla)
- Yield: What does this make? One Happy Teen? An Overstressed Girl? A Horse Lover?
- Preparation: What has to happen first? Popular ones I have seen include 8 hours of sleep, a pot of coffee, or a morning workout
- Ingredients: These are personal characteristics of the students- whatever they want to emphasize. Quantities should show the importance or significance to the student. For example, they may be 1 Cup Outgoing and 1 teaspoon shy. Students can pick anything they choose to share! I require at least eight ingredients.
- Instructions: Use real cooking terms to describe how these ingredients come together. Mix, stir, sprinkle, fold, etc.
I hope you enjoy getting to know your students with this icebreaker activity.