It’s Easter time! Of course the true importance of this holiday is a personal one, it is also a good time to stock up on items that will keep your budget down for next year.
Things you will find at great prices this week include:
- Ham Bones are a great way to demonstrate stock. They could also be used in cooking dried beans demonstration.
- Pork products. No matter how much I hate the smell of cooking meat, my students still insist on sneaking bacon into every creative project. I hope this trend ends soon! 🙂 The Iowa Pork Checkoff offers vouchers for purchasing pork for classroom use.
- Peeps are great for demonstrating how a microwave works. They are so much more fun than plain marshmallows. (And they are CHEEP! this time of year 😉 )
- Sugar! My local HyVee has it priced for just $.99 for 4 lbs, limit four per customer.
- Flour! HyVee has it for $1.68 for 5 lbs, no limit!
- Not a sale item, but fun to note that pies cost $10 on sale! What a great fundraiser or business idea!